Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Scrappinalong Stencils-Are Great !

       It's been many years now that I have purchased stencils from Annie at Scrappinalong. I love words, phrases and painting, and woodworking. So put them all together and you have a fine work of art which sends a message. I am going to include a picture of a few I've done.
   Annie also makes Stencils to order and you do get discounts and free shipping over a certain amount so make your order count. I love my business relationship with Scrappinalong. In exchanging e-mails for special orders, it feels as if I am working with a very good friend. So now, if you always wondered about stenciling, this is the place to go to, and if you are new at this without any experience or knowledge at all, here are a couple of tips.
    1. Make time to do it in the quiet enjoyment of your home.
    2. Please use stencil paints only-it really does work best-I know I tried to use crafters paint and while I could make it work, many times it ended up to be sloppy.
   3. Let it dry between layers.
   4. VERY IMPORTANT...use baby wipes to clean your stencils. That was something I asked Annie about way into my stenciling years and after I used baby wipes, I thought about all the time and aggravation I could have saved myself.
   5. If you add hangars to the back if you intend to sell, add a piece of twine or rope to give a choice as how a person may want to hang. You can also simply tape the hangars and twine to the back or put in the wrapping. When I add hangars to insure a measurement, I measure two inches down on each end and draw a line across=no tilting signs. Now go check out Annie here,
   www.scrappinalongstencils.com

No comments:

Post a Comment