Thursday, October 11, 2012

How's Your Mental Health ?

    So do you think a person with Mental health problems are the only people who have concerns about mental health? I hope not. We all have to be concerned about our own health, mental and physical.
      I am not a doctor.Maggieshelpcenter.com However I am always concerned about mental health, mine, my family's and everyday people I meet. When I go to a store and a cashier is grumbling about this or that, my first thought is she or he must be overworked and underpaid, so I make a joke at my own expense. I also make sure to tell them I appreciate how nice they were.
        At the appropriate times I let them know about college classes and grants, hobbies that can turn into a career, day care, places to meet singles. Yes I am full of information, but only because I went through those things and we need to and should, help others who are sometimes having more than just a bad day.
       Take a few days off as mental health days. Don't worry about a stigma in asking for this as companies would rather you do this as a way to insure happy, healthy and productive employees. Make sure your job has in place a day or days off for mental health. Let your job benefits, benefit you.
          Some companies even have discounts for gym memberships and check your medical benefits as within that is also therapeutic massages. Please read your benefit manual. Don't let stress, stress you out. Read, talk and ask questions about your benefits. You'll be happily surprised and healthier for it.

No comments:

Post a Comment